Aesthetic Craniofacial Surgery
What Is Aesthetic Craniofacial Surgery?
Craniofacial surgery is a distinct field of plastic surgery that focuses on changing the structural foundations of the skull and face by altering the facial skeleton. While craniofacial surgery was originally intended to remedy congenital (present at birth) deformities of the face and head in babies, children and young adults, the highly advanced surgical skill set required has become intrinsic to many elective plastic surgery procedures for purely aesthetic reasons.
Common Aesthetic Craniofacial Procedures:
- “Asian” V-Line Surgery is ideal for those who feel they have a very wide, or overly ‘masculine’ jaw shape in women and men. A very prominent jaw (in women in particular) and short chin may cause the lower face to appear too wide.
- Chin Surgery (Genioplasty or Mentoplasty) involves altering the size and shape of the chin, either by reducing, reshaping, or augmenting the chin without the use of artificial implants.
- Chin Reduction (Osseous Genioplasty) aims to restore natural aesthetic balance to the face by reducing the size of the mandible (lower jaw) to more balanced portions and shape.
- Skull Reshaping is ideal for individuals who are unhappy with the shape of their skull, or who have congenital skull abnormalities, skull reshaping addresses shape irregularities, such as flattened skulls, bumps and ridges, sloped heads, and skulls that appear too wide or too narrow.
- Forehead Reshaping is ideal for adults who are unsatisfied with the size and/or shape of their forehead and want to alter its appearance. Your forehead may make your face appear too masculine, too feminine, or simply out-of-balance with other facial features.
- Jaw Augmentation: Improves the appearance of jaws that may look out of balance with other facial features and may also be used to correct structural issues due to congenital deficiencies or facial trauma due to injury or accident.
- Masseter Muscle Reduction: Surgical reduction of the masseter shapes and reduces the bone and muscle to achieve a well-rounded, smoother and more streamlined jawline contour.
- Facial Feminization Surgery is a cluster of craniofacial surgical procedures ideal for cisgender females (female assigned female at birth) who want to appear more feminine, or most commonly, for transgender women undergoing male-to-female transition.
- Facial Masculinization Surgery is a cluster of craniofacial surgical procedures ideal for either cisgender males (male assigned male at birth) who want to appear more masculine, or most commonly, for transgender men undergoing female-to-male (FTM) transition.
Dr. Deschamps-Braly was Trained & Mentored by the World’s Pioneers of Craniofacial Surgery
Dr. Deschamps-Braly was trained by the world’s leading originators of craniofacial surgery, including Dr. Daniel Marchac (Paris), and Dr. Obwegeser (Zurich), Dr. Arlen Denny (US), and Dr. Douglas Ousterhout (US), the world’s pioneer of Facial Feminization Surgery and author of “Aesthetic Contouring of the Craniofacial Skeleton” (1991).