Dr. Ginger Xu is a board-certified plastic surgeon who is Harvard fellowship-trained in aesthetic surgery.
Dr. Xu specializes in aesthetic surgery of the face, breast, and body including facelift, neck lift, eyelid surgery, botox/filler, breast augmentation/reduction/lift/revision surgery/implant-based cancer reconstruction, gynecomastia correction, abdominoplasty, liposuction, fat grafting, brachioplasty, thighplasty, and body contouring after massive weight loss. She also has high volume experience in transgender top surgery.
Dr. Xu sought each phase of her education and training at the top institutions across the country. She attended Stanford University for college and NYU for medical school. She then completed the UCSF Plastic Surgery Residency, followed by the Harvard Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellowship where she gained particular expertise in transgender top surgery.
Dr. Xu seeks aesthetic perfection and natural appearing results that are in harmony with each patient’s individual body and features. She embraces the responsibility and transformative opportunity to alter a patient’s appearance in a way that is congruent with their own values and matches a more cohesive sense of self; to realign the external with the internal; to create an improved emotional landscape and a better life. These ideals captivate and inspire her every day.
Dr. Xu is proficient in Mandarin, including basic Medical Chinese.
“Before and After” Photos
You may have noticed that we choose not to show our patients’ photos online. This is out of respect for their privacy. We also caution relying too heavily on this type of marketing, as images can be altered and misleading. We understand that having a sense of your surgeon’s work is very important. We would thus like to invite you to visit our office for an in-person consultation, during which photos of surgical results are reviewed. This also allows for a personalized interaction which is of utmost priority in our practice.
THE AMERICAN BOARD OF
Certifications and Associations
- Board Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery (Board Certificate #09286).
- Licensed by The Medical Board of California (License #A110077).
- Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Editorial Board, Next Generation Editor
- The Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Plastic Surgeon, Richmond/Oakland/San Leandro, CA. (2016-2019)
- Ginger Xu MD, Sumner A. Slavin, MD. Breast Augmentation. In: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Board Review: Pearls of Wisdom. McGraw-Hill Publishing. 3rd edition
- Ginger Xu MD, Paul F. Hwang MD, Sumner A. Slavin, MD. Timing of Reconstruction: Patients Who May Require Postmastectomy Irradiation. In: Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Management of the Breast. CRC Press. 3rd edition
- Ginger Xu MD, Paul F. Hwang MD, Samuel J. Lin, MD. Rhinoplasty. In: Scientific American Plastic Surgery. 1st edition