Restylane® Facial Filler, San Francisco
What is Restylane®?
Restylane® is injectable filler used to replace volume in facial features and to restore the skin to a smoother and more youthful appearance. Restylane® is most commonly used for:
- Lip augmentation & rejuvenation (adding volume and contouring)
- Reducing wrinkles and ageing lines such as nose-to-mouth lines
- Reducing “sad mouth” corners, crows feet and forehead wrinkles
- Filling in facial hollows and sunken areas under and around the eyes
- Adding cheek volume and contouring of the chin, forehead and nose
Restylane® is one of the many types of hyaluronic acid-type of injectable fillers. One of the biggest advantages is not only its long safety record of use and long lasting effects, but you can also dissolve the filler if placement is not ideal or to your liking.
Will Restylane® fix fine lines and wrinkles?
The primary purpose of injectable fillers such as Restylane® is not to “fix” wrinkles, but to actually improve facial shape and replace lost fullness due to aging.
For example, in order to remove the wrinkles from a balloon you’d have to make it very tight by inflation. However, the same is not necessarily true for the face! Overfilling your face to remove wrinkles is not recommended. An injectable such as Botox® is better for removing wrinkles.
The benefits of using Restylane® over other dermal fillers:
Overall the skill of the application and technique of injection is significantly more important than the type of filler used. However, Restylane® has some significant benefits over other fillers:
- It’s a natural component of your body and is found in your own body in lower concentrations
- Over time it has some effect in building collagen on its own
- Restylane® is soft to the touch so it feels very “real”
- New techniques involve the use of microcannulas instead of sharp needles. (A microcannula is a small tube that is designed for intradermal injections instead of needles to allow for less pain, less risk of bruising and increased safety, along with smoother and more harmonious placement)
- Restylane® is an in-office day procedure but please allow for adequate time for your appointment because it is a procedure that should not be rushed